Posted on June 11, 2011
Once in a while (ok, often) it’s nice to go out for a proper breakfast. It’s gorgeously sunny today and we had a few errands to run that were tantalisingly close to the foreshore and it’s array of cafes 🙂
We started out just going for coffee, but it was brunch time and one thing led to another..
Posted on November 3, 2010
As luck would have it, I have to run big’un around on a Tuesday, so it means I get almost an hour of photography in before I have to collect her again.
At the moment, that hour happens to be the golden hour just before sunset, which is awesome for photos.
Last week, I took the old jetty shots and was pretty happy, so I gave that location a miss this time and went further on up the beach in search of some boats and things to get up close and personal to with the wide angle lens.
Mangles Bay in Rockingham is where all the boats anchor and it’s really cool, underused and very quiet. The yacht club could do with some updating, but apart from that, its lovely.
However, this whole place is under threat from a massive marina development (please visit http://handsoffpointperon.com/) which is will destroy hundreds of hectares of previous ‘permanently preserved native bush’ (yeah – that status was overturned – amazing what happens for a quick buck) and replace it with millionaires canal side houses, apartment blocks and an enormous marina. Nice.
Anyway, so before we lose this wonderful place forever (which, lets face it, once the money starts to flow, no amount of local objection is going to make any difference whatsoever), I thought I’d get some photos.
The light was amazing, clouds make such a difference to the sky and the feel of a shot, plus the circular polariser creates outstanding definition between white and blue.
Thats all for now – I’ll be back out later in the week or next week for another location, work and personal commitments being equal – so if you like the pretty pictures, check back soon.
In other news – its the middle of the week, which means – Red Wine Wednesday – stay tuned 🙂
Posted on January 11, 2010
I was kinda nominated to do this by Lauren ages ago although the full nature of the nomination shall not be mentioned as I have blokey blokeness to be maintained 😉
**hucks a haybale onto my shoulder before going off to raise a barn** (not really, I don’t think the City of Perth would be too happy with either hay bales or barns)
So here we go, 10 things about me that will surprise and amaze.
1. I love reading maps. Any kind of map. Google Earth is like ultimate map porn for me.
2. I broke my right wrist right across the joint when I was 24 and it didn’t heal properly. The joint grinds and crunches still.
3. I’ve just got married 🙂 You probably know this from the wedding post I just did. Not really a surprise or an amazement. Well, I’m still amazed she said “I will..”
4. I once “ran away from home” when the cat died (I was about 7) by jumping out of the bedroom window and hot footing it up the road in the pouring rain. The one thing I remember is h0w soggy my socks felt as I overlooked the need for shoes.
5. I love photography. Thats not really a surprise again is it? This is turning into 10 statements of the bleedin’ obvious
6. I picked strawberries for a whole summer when I was 16 so I could buy a Fender Stratocaster electric guitar.
7. Despite years of practice, non-guitarists can play better than I can. I did play in a band in my yoof though and were were quite terrible.
8. Even though I work in IT, I have a geology background with an honours degree and masters. I love earth science, geology, climate science (I dont believe the man made global warming hype one iota) and that kid of thing.
9. I love cheese. nom nom.
10. I have cycled one of the Pyrenean mountain stages on the Tour de France on a crappy mountain bike. This included the infamous Col du Tourmalet
What a hunk, huh? 😉
So there you go. I can tell you’re all bowled over, astounded and truly amazed