Posted on March 27, 2010
Yes, I feel like Haley Joel Osment in Sixth Sense, only with less creepy 10-year-old girls under the table with poisoned sick coming out of their mouths.
Went out this morning to get presents for Henry’s birthday for when I go back to England next week and also a few other bits and bobs and oh man, the dumb people are out in force today.
We’ve had people taking ages to pull away from traffic lights so they are the only ones to get through, morons not stopping at zebra crossings, blocking aisles in the shopping centre, driving the wrong way round car parks and people blocking roads waiting to turn into a drive through bottle shop.
All in the space of an hour.
What is wrong with you people!
1. Acceleration. It’s the right hand pedal of the two or three that you have. When the lights change, you press the pedal and go. I know this will come as a terrible shock to a lot of people, but the go part of that manoeuvre should happen within seconds of the light changing, not at some point before end of the day. Also, you have to *keep* pressing the pedal after the initial press and continue to accelerate. So many people just stop accelerating once they start going. I’ve never seen anything like it anywhere else in the world. It can take minutes to get up to the speed limit sometimes behind some cars. I know we don’t have to rush, but I’d like to get home before I have to retire.
2. Zebra crossings. You have to stop at a crossing in Oz, same as in the UK. It’s not an option like in France or Italy, it’s a mandatory thing. So, fucktard in the carpark today where the road rules still apply, almost running us and another couple on the next crossing down means you’re an arsehole. Pure and simple. I hope your knob rots off.
3. Blocking aisles. I don’t think teenagers get taught respectful behaviour any more. 5 teenage kids totally blocking one side of the narrow bit of the mall today so no one can get past. Are you not embarrassed by this? Does it not penetrate into your tiny hormonally challenged brains that there are other people who might want to get past because, wait for it – newsflash – it’s a fucking Saturday at the busy shops. And no, it’s not funny when someone tries to squeeze past.
4. Wrong way around carparks. There are big white arrows on the ground and entry or no entry signs on the end of each row. It’s not really too hard to follow these really simple instructions. Except it is for some people. If you can’t obey the simplest direction, then you need to give me your sorry excuse for a car and take the damn bus. It’s not even funny – I wonder what else they aren’t paying attention to or don’t care about on the roads?
5. Waiting to pull into a drive through. I hate drive through’s. They are a haven for fat and stupid lazy people who can’t be bothered to get off their fat arses and walk into the bottle shop (liquor store/off licence) or fast food joint and actually pick the items up for themselves. I know these places are for fat lazy stupid and thoughtless people as there were several matching just that description today just waiting in the road to turn in to the bottle shop as there was a queue. So rather than drive 10 metres, park, go in, buy the beer and walk back again, you’d rather queue in the road and inconvenience everyone. A lady was trying to pull out of her parking space, but you were in the way – but hey, you were waiting and why should you move? So she just had to wait, trapped in to her space, as did we have to wait behind you in the road. You couldn’t reverse a few feet to let her out, or even realise how much of an obstruction you were causing to everyone and park and go in on foot. Selfish, dumb jerkoff.
So yeah, moronic idiots – how these people manage to earn any kind of living is beyond me. They all have to be on welfare, they are way to mentally and socially challenged to be able to do any kind of paid work.
And now, we’re staying in until 6pm until the dumb people have all gone home.
Posted on February 19, 2010
Somehow politicians everywhere over think the world owes them a living! I know they have to do a challenging job sometimes, but so does everyone else, but somehow they think they are better than everyone else and that’s what irks me the most.
I’ve just read in the Guardian that Sir Nicholas Winterton (aka Lord Chinless Wonder), an MP in the UK has decided that its outrageous that MP’s might be forced to travel in standard class on the train and not the luxurious tax-payer funded gilt-edged first class they are used to.
To add insult to injury, Lord Muck states that the reason for his complaint it that:
there are a “totally different type of people” in standard class.
He went on to say :
“I didn’t say they weren’t as good, but they are in a different walk of life. They are doing different things. Very often they are there with children.
Oh really, Sir Fuckwad, if you don’t want to mix with the hoi paloi, that’s your business and at your cost. How out of touch you have become.
He also says:
“MPs would not be able to get enough work done in standard class because of the noise and disturbance from children”
So, how is it that everyone else can work and survive the commute in cattle class, many working away as best they can for salaries and reward a lot less than yours, but somehow you can’t?
And then he rounds it off with
“So we are supposed to stand when there are no seats … I’m sorry, it infuriates me.”
Oh boo fucking hoo – you do what the rest of the population you’re supposed to be representing does and suck it up.
I think you’ve forgotten who pays your wages, mate.
With that kind of attitude, I think Sir Alan Sugar’s catchphrase is required.
Posted on September 17, 2009
I have it, I do.
In other news, I went out to meet a bunch of photographers from Flickr last night in Kwinana and had a blast.(except when it rained) I didnt take a lot of shots and mostly I’m sure they’re the same as everyone elses, but it was good fun. Good to meet some of the people I’d been chatting to for the last year or so. Or more, in the case of Bruce.
I’ll sort some pics out at the weekend. Have lots of work to do today and tomorrow..
Posted on September 16, 2009
been a bit of a delay in posting as I’ve been sick. really sick. stay in bed for 48 hours kind of sick.
Just about getting over it now, but now the family are starting to go down with it, which is not good. Jay is ok-ish for the moment, but both the kidlets are off school and have a high fever. Hope they get better soon.
Hope I continue to get better too, I have a customer meeting tomorrow in Perth that I have to go to no matter what.
So, whats been happening..
Well, not a lot, as I’ve been sick, but apart from the usual nice stuff, theres been stuff that really irks me. So I’m going to write about it. I guess the people concerned might guess this is about them should they read it but I don’t care too much.
Friends who plead poverty and borrow money from their families for essential items and then go and splash their own money on luxuries like flat screen tv’s and new pets the very next day
Mothers who smoke when they have a newborn. There have been so many studies done about this, even if they dont smoke around the baby, the second hand smoke linkers enough in the mothers lungs to breathe significant volumes of carcenogenic tars over the child. Its not as if this should be a surprise, these health warnings are advertised everywhere and have een for years. This annoys me just as much as parents who smoke in the car with their kids. If anyone reading this smokes with young children – you really need to think about your children and their health before your “needs” Grow the fuck up.
Friends who want us to babysit after school but then go home from work and leave the kid with us but dont actually let us know. Pick her up almost 3 hours late. No apologies. Nice.
People who still text whilst they are driving.
The news sickens me. People are capable of the most horrible things. For instance, I just read about a man in the US who threw his 4 year old (and gorgeous too, looking at the photos) daughter off a cliff and killed her because he didnt want to pay child support. I mean, who the fuck does that. With their own child. Forget jail time, just chuck the gutless piece of shit out of a moving car at 100mph. I have to say, this news has totally ruined my day – not my mood, but its drained the colour from me totally. How can I look at the world the same way knowing this kind of thing. I’m not reading the news any more. Back when there was no internet and global awareness, perhaps current affairs were useful, but now it seems to dredge up so much hideousness, for me, its become irrelevant. I don’t need to know.
Politics. Fuck me, they are all petty point scoring children. Watched a clip on the news from the Federal Parliament and it was embarrassing and it struck me right then, again, how irrelevant it is, not only to me, but to the way a country needs to be run. I’d rather campaign for a “vote for nobody” box on the election form and pay the fines for missing mandatory voting (honestly, what kind of a choice is it when you cant vote for “none of the above”) than vote for anyone who participates in that kind of petty kindergarten nonsense. I’d expect better debate from my children. Seriously.
In positive news, the Olympus Trip 35’s arrived – very nice they are too, although the low light shutter lock on mine doesnt work, but the red flag pops up ok.
Off to buy some film for them right now. And a subway, I’m starving.