Fixed the irrigation this afternoon.
It just required the fuses to be replaced and the new cable runs that I did the other day to be rejoined with proper cable connecting clips. I also re-wound the tape round a few of the older (but as far as I know, non functioning) cable joins, just to be sure.
Tested the connections with a multimeter to ensure I hadn’t stuffed up and joined the common to the power circuit by mistake (I hadn’t) and then did some test runs.
And blow me down if it doesn’t all work. I replaced a few old and crap sprinklers with new pop-ups and thats it, job done.
Tomorrow, the adventures of the world’s most boring man continues with weed and feed and preparing the ground for grass seed. Go me.
Think I’ll go out and take some photos tomorrow, its been a while.