Around the World
In response to Lauren@Salt Says and her post about favourite cities, I thought I’d do a little post-let.
I did a bit of this before in this post https://charliebrown888.wordpress.com/2009/06/10/destinations/ but now I’m going to do a little one line review of each of these cities to help you all with your holiday plans 🙂
- Glasgow: interesting, Scottish, incomprehensible, wet, grand, historic
- Aberdeen: grey, cold, wet. did I mention wet?
- Belfast: under-rated, lively
- Paris: mad, smelly, never drive a car there, excellent food, cafes, history, grand.
- Annecy: Lovely, beautiful, touristy, traffic, amazing lake, scenery, climate, food
- Munich: stoic, German, impressive, food and beer
- Frankfurt: historic, modern, boring
- Amsterdam: chilled, relaxed, pretty, good culture, friendly
- Berlin: Cool, trendy, cheap, East is very trendy now, but little English
- Düsseldorf: pretty, small, nice food, friendly people
- Gothenburg: amazing food, expensive, lovely in Summer, cold and wet every other season
- Trondheim: unspoiled on the fjord, midnight sun, expensive, lively, friendly
- Prague: historic, cobbled, touristy, awful chavvy stag parties, interesting, music
- Venice: amazing, stunning, old, startlingly expensive, must see
- Rome: crazy, noisy, history, food, religion, fashion, art.
- Geneva: boring. old Geneva is lovely with amazing restaurants.
- Stockholm: quaint, trendy, expensive
- Milan (Lugano, Switzerland): Milan is nuts, crazy bonkers with style
- Krakow: amazing, beautiful square in the centre, underground bars and clubs
- London: huge, complex, busy, epic history, good food, easy to travel about, expensive
- Barcelona: beautiful, tree lined boulevards, architecture, Gaudi, cool subculture
- Toronto: CN Tower, shops, boring, cold in winter, hot in summer. Good clubs and restaurants.
- San Diego: warm, sunny, gaslamp district is very cool, good living
- San Francisco: quirky, hilly, eccentric, beautiful, artistic with a big bridge
- San Jose: dull, industrial
- Perth: small, quiet, boring, has potential, lovely river front. beautiful, restaurants.
- Melbourne: arty, laneways, food, chinatown, trams, winebars
- Sydney: icons, restaurants, green, trees, skyline, coffee
Lord knows where else I’ve been, I’d need to look at a map and work it out..
Places to go – Melbourne, Krakow, London, Barcelona, San Francisco, Rome, Venice, Annecy